Through God: we can flourish, we can learn, we can achieve.
“I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13)
When deciding upon our core curriculum intentions, we took into consideration our aims and beliefs as a Church of England School; the context of our school: the area which we serve and the starting points of many of our children and our recent attainment outcomes for children.
Our curriculum will develop and value the whole child and will enable them to flourish as individuals.
- We aim for children to understand that they are all individuals made in the image of God and that they deserve to be valued just as others deserve to be valued.
- The curriculum will develop children’s spirituality, their understanding of humankind and their place in the world.
- The curriculum will provide a wide and balanced range of learning experiences across all subjects and areas of school life to enrich the lives of our children.
- It will ensure that the individual needs of each child are met in an inclusive environment.
Our curriculum will give children the opportunity to learn about the wider world and their place within it.
- We aim to show children that their future holds possibilities and support them in having high aspirations and taking steps to achieve their goals.
- We will provide children with opportunities and encouragement to make a positive contribution to their local community and as global citizens.
- Children will learn through our curriculum to appreciate and understand other cultures and religions and develop Fundamental British Values such as mutual respect and tolerance.
- The curriculum will introduce the children to a wide range of knowledge, understanding and skills and will be connected and relevant to their lives.
Our curriculum will ensure children have the knowledge and skills needed to achieve during the next stage of their education and in the future.
- Through our curriculum, we will ensure children have secure literacy and communication skills. All areas of the curriculum will support vocabulary development and children will be secondary ready with reading skills enabling them to access all areas of the wider curriculum.
- The curriculum will ensure children have secure written and mental arithmetic skills enabling them to confidently apply their mathematics skills when reasoning and problem solving.
- There will be clear progression in key knowledge and skills across all subjects.
- Children will develop transferable skills such as problem solving and investigation, reasoning and comparison, communication and creativity.
Our curriculum will give children the opportunity to enjoy learning, flourish and achieve in a peaceful, supportive environment of Christian love and care and build respectful relationships.
- Our Christian values will be embedded in all areas of school life and children will learn how they can demonstrate and act these in their own lives.
- We will provide opportunities to develop key life skills such as collaboration, empathy, reflectiveness, resilience and resourcefulness.
- The curriculum will be engaging and memorable.
- It will create lifelong learners.